Pleasant Hill Baptist Church has a long history, having been organized in August, 1858 under a "brush arbor" in the Enola community. Those 16 charter members gathered with the intention of starting a new church, which was to be named Pleasant Hill Baptist Church. In the fall of that year, a "one-room log building was erected and then twenty-eight years later, in 1886, a new "frame building" was constructed. The first brick building was constructed in 1940 and an educational building was added to the back of the brick sanctuary in 1952. Pleasant Hill experienced huge growth and slowly outgrew the sanctuary. So in 1958, a large sanctuary was built beside of the "little sanctuary."

FraimeLittle
1886 Frame building and the 1940 Brick Sanctuary
Little&Ed
Educational building addition in 1952
Church1
1958 Large sanctuary showing old personage to the right
Church2
Picture of the church in the 1960's